Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Need a New Take on Pancakes? Look no Further!

I bet you all have a favorite pancake recipe that you won’t let go of for anything in the world. Well, with me it is the opposite! I don’t remember the last time I prepared the same recipe in a row. And how could I? when I got the chance to discover the magical source for the best pancake recipes in the whole wide world. And no, it is not my mom’s cookbook. It is a food app I came across while going through the web. The name? MyGreatRecipes. I was honestly amazed at how many different shapes and sizes pancakes can come into. Yup, there is much more to pancakes than their regular round shapes and the maple syrup toppings.

Fruity Pancakes

Since I love fruit, and fresh pancakes for that matter, I must admit that never in a million years would I have thought of putting whole fruits into pancake batters. Ok, I knew that berries could be folded into the batter, but whole apple or pineapple rings? Yes, pancakes like these exist and are fairly easy to master. Not to mention as tasty as ever! A pillowy soft pancake with a crispy bite. Yum! You can top these pancakes with anything from the well-loved maple syrup to a rum based glazed, or even your favorite fruit spread or jam.

Chocolate Pancakes



I have always been team chocolate! And to find recipes that make use, not of one, not two, but three types of chocolate, well like I was in chocolate heaven! Try adding some cocoa powder to the batter (that’s the first), then fold some chocolate chips in (that’s the second), and the third, and most delicious part: prepare a chocolate syrup! Your very own, sweet, sweet pancake stack! But, just because the section is dedicated to chocolate, his doesn’t mean you should confine yourselves to chocolate only! Some whipped cream or even a scoop of ice-cream can go a long way in making the pancake experience better! Guaranteed!

Savory Pancakes


And of course, a list of favorite pancake recipes must have a “savory pancake” section. Not only can you find ways to reuse your leftover food (say your leftover mashed potatoes, be them the regular one or the sweet potatoes), there are also recipes for pancakes that I have never seen before. Imagine my exhilaration when I discovered the Okonomiyaki pancakes. These Japanese beauties will not only come in handy as a way of reusing that cabbage no one wants to touch, but they are a great base to add as many different ingredients as you possibly want. Any vegetable will do, carrots, zucchini, onions, literally anything you think goes well together. Also, there was the recipe for the crispy Chinese pancakes. These fritters contain scallions and are one crispy wonder! Dip them in soy sauce and enjoy!

Nutty Pancakes



Prepare your favorite pancake batter and add some toasted nuts of your own choice. Almond, pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, you can’t go wrong. Chop them, grind them, or sliver them, either way, the taste will be splendid and the regular pancake’s texture will be bettered! Enjoy these with honey or maple syrup drizzled on top and brace yourselves for the sweetest, tastiest and healthiest pancakes you have ever tried!
Note: feel free to add in some of your favorite seeds as well, pepitas and sunflower seeds are known for their flavor enhancing abilities.
Don’t let your cooking process be boring, prepare a different pancake recipe each time! It is fun and the result will be all the more scrumptious!


No comments:

Post a Comment